Wednesday, October 24, 2012

You are the Best Thing

Hello friends!!

Well, it's been a minute since I've blogged, and much has changed since the end of summer! Going back to school is always crazy, tiring, and time-consuming.

But, in August, my tiredness and lack of blogging came from a totally different source! At the end of August, we got some of the best news ever. We found out we are expecting a baby!

More specifically, it was on Friday August 24th, I woke up to the day I had been anticipating, the day I could take a pregnancy test. I took the test then went about getting ready for work. Jason was still awakening from sleep as I looked for the second pink line. I wished so badly that I had the "pregnant" or "not pregnant" tests, as I squinted to see the line. I thought there might be a line there, but I just wasn't sure. I decided to get some different tests later, and rushed to get ready and get out the door. I didn't even tell Jason that I had tested that morning.

Thankfully, I had a busy day at work so it went by quickly. I went by the drugstore on the way home where I decided to buy some lip gloss so the tests wouldn't be the only thing I bought. As soon as I got home, I went in and tested again. As I waited for the eternal three minutes to be over, I laid on our bed and prayed and sang some songs to my Savior. No matter what the test said, I had peace that it would be what was best for that time.

I went in and looked down, and saw that beautiful word staring back at me. I always thought I would scream or cry, but I just smiled and thanked God. I began thinking about preparing to tell Jason when he got home from work, but for a long while I just stared at the test.
I was pregnant.

Instead of telling you how Jason and our families reacted, I thought I would show you! 

                                   Baby Leming - Medium from Chelsea Leming on Vimeo.

Today, I am 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant! The first weeks were tough with crazy exhaustion (as in...come home from work and nap, wake up and eat dinner, then back to bed!), and the oh-so-fun nausea. I was blessed to have only actually gotten sick twice (in the same day), but strong smells are still sending me running and gagging, but I feel like it's getting better every day!

I hope to be back soon because I definitely want to record this great blessing. 
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment