Friday, May 11, 2012

Less

I attended a breakfast honoring some of my students this morning that was put on by the Optimist club in our town. These lines from their creed particularly struck me:
  
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

It convicted and inspired me, and made me consider how I spend my time, thoughts, and energy.
It reminded me how my one mission on earth is to love others and point them to Jesus.
I'm so thankful for reminders like this, and I hope that, through His grace, I can get a little better each day!

This post is brief, and different from my usual style.
But, maybe that's the point.

He must become greater, I must become less.
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment