Monday, February 21, 2011

Blessing Ring

Perhaps the most loved idea from the baby shower, was the blessing ring.

Originally I was just going to make one like this one:

http://brodyfrancis.blogspot.com/2009/10/blessing-ring-and-nap-time.html

The idea they had was to keep on the cards from the showers, birthdays, or any other event together on a ring. (Which, you may still could do this on yours Am, I don't think I mentioned it to you!).

I took mine a step further though and decided I wanted to provide cards for everyone to write a little message to the baby on.

Then, one night at dinner, my sister and her boyfriend were talking about his aunt had people write letters to her unborn children to be given to them on each of their birthdays. And thus, an idea was born!

Here is how I made the ring for Baby B. Once again, I used the handy dandy cricut:


First, I cut out square pieces of cardstock using my paper cutter. Then, I made the flowers on the cricut and punched them out and glued them on the cards.




Next, I made and cut out the numbers and letters and glued those on.


 I'll admit, this took awhile, but it was totally worth it in the end.


At the shower, I wrapped the ring with the cards up as a part of my gift, and told her to open it last. Then, I explained to all our guest that they were to take a card and write a letter to baby B for that birthday.



Meanwhile, I played Taylor Swift's "Never Grow Up". I had written out the lyrics for Amory to read as well.

Let's just say I had to leave for a moment to go get some tissues for her : ).


Next, we read each of the cards 1-18. I even had some cards from friends that couldn't be there as well as Amory's two little sisters.


Another cool thing was that I used the cards as decoration by clipping them to fishing line (these were actually the one that already had the messages on them, so I was able to take them down while everyone wrote:




This was my favorite part of the shower, and it's a gift that will keep on giving to sweet baby girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes...this brought tears even two days later when I showed my mom and mom-in-law the letters and told them about the shower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So after the blogging drought we just went through...These 3 posts were just what I needed. You have definitely provided a lot of inspiration big sister!

    ReplyDelete