Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Favorites

I love Christmas! I just want to soak it up!! You can bet in the month of December that any movies I watch or music I listen to will likely be Christmas focused. I even often tell Jason when he wants to do something non-holiday focused in December, "That isn't very Christmas-y".

So, I decided to compile a list of my favorite Christmas movies and songs:

First my favorite movies (7...I know strange number)

7. Home Alone
6. Miracle on 34th Street
5. The Santa Clause
4. Polar Express
3. The Grinch (Jim Carey)
2. Elf

& undisputedly number one:
1. Muppet's Christmas Carol


Two movies everyone raves about but I haven't seen yet are....
It's a wonderful Life
Christmas Vacation

I know, I gotta find them and watch them!

Then Music!! I love music!! I split it into categories:

Popular/Secular:
Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays- Nsync
The Christmas song- Carpenters
Santa Clause is coming to town- Jackson 5
Muppet  Christmas Carol Music
All I want for Christmas is you- Mariah Cary
Jesus, what a wonderful Child- Mariah Cary
Emmanuel- Amy Grant
Keep Christmas with you- Sesame Street
Carol of the Bells
Sleigh Ride

I really like these three albums:
Carpenters (Christmas Portrait)~Amy Grant (first one)~Peanuts

Popular Religious:
Mystery- Selah
Welcome to our World- Amy Grant
Joseph's Lullaby- Mercy Me
Winter Snow- Chris Tomlin
Candlelight Carol
When Love came down- POG

Hymns:
Ring the Bells
Oh come all ye faithful
Oh little Town of Bethlehem
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Silent Night (I especially like Taylor Swift's version)

It's so neat because when I look over this list, I can see influence from so many friends I've had over the years, and so many memories come back. I'm sure there are many songs I overlooked! So tell me, what are your top three (or more) favorite Christmas movies and songs !?

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!

    My fav. Christmas movies are:
    3. Home Alone
    2. Christmas Vacation (YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!)
    1. Love Actually

    Songs: (I'm bad with artists)
    Josh Groban's Christmas cd "Noel"
    Love Actually Soundtrack
    Roger Whittaker...(his song Mama Mary) This is really old, but reminds me of me and my mom while growing up-we'd listen to it all the time.
    Love you, girl! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete