Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

We had a wonderful Christmas this year!! I was so thankful to have my blog post from last year telling about Christmas because I had already forgotten so much of it!

Christmas Eve, we continued many of our traditions. First, we went to the movies and saw "Tangled" which we both absolutely loved!!! Next we went to the Christmas eve service at church. Ashleigh, Mandy, and I sang "Jesus, what a beautiful name". My parents and brother came and we all got to take communion as a family. It was, as always, so beautiful.

We came home and began a new tradition of eating Taco Soup for dinner. I totally played Feliz Navidad as we filled up our bowls, I am just that cheesy.

Then, once Eden and William came, we watched "A Muppet's Christmas Carol". That's when I really started feeling the magic of Christmas, those songs do it to me every time!

The next morning, Jason and I woke up and had Christmas morning, just the two of us. We started by opening our stockings. Then Jason read the Christmas story and cooked breakfast. Then, Zero got in on the fun and came in and opened his presents (haha, oh yes we did).

Opening his wrapped present, all without thumbs, very impressive...

It's a...
Bone!

Next, Jason and I unwrapped our other gifts to each other...


And so I can remember when we are old and grey, here is what we got:
For him: 6 blu rays (found at a crazy good black friday deals at wally world), two pairs of jeans, some random groceries, and his favorite: the pointer finger!! He saw it at Hob Lob and played with it all through out the store, so Santa decided to bring home the joy and put it in his stocking.

For her: two Christmas movies (my favorite), headphones, three cds, a game, a beautiful antique cake plate, and continuing the jewelrey-on-the-tree tradition, a beautiful necklace! That crazy hair is all mine thou, haha.

We chilled out for a while and then heard a sound and found that it was sleeting which soon turned into a beautiful snow. We went out and relished in it because we knew it probably wouldn't last! Here we are with the first few flakes:

To our joy and amazement, it kept snowing ALL day!! It turned into the most beautiful white Christmas!! It was Georgia's first since the late 1800s!

It was truly magical.

The day followed with lunch and presents with my family, then dinner and presents with Jason's family, then back to my parents for a crazy awesome Christmas night scavenger hunt. I didn't take pictures again this year of all that, sheesh!

We were so blessed with so much this Christmas and this whole year. I took this picture Christmas night on my mac and I think it really sums up our merry little Christmas:
I'll end with my night's Facebook status which sums it up so well:

This status just can't contain the joy, love, and blessings I feel today. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. From this fullness of His grace we have ALL received ONE BLESSING AFTER ANOTHER. John 1:14,16

No comments:

Post a Comment