Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Couponing: I'm hooked!!

So, I've always used coupons, but this weekend I really researched into the coupon game. It is a lot bigger than just using the coupons in the Sunday paper. Sometimes that isn't even the best deal! The secret to my success has been southernsavers.com. It tells you exactly what to buy and what coupons to use. Check out what I got!!
 Kroger:
Kroger usually isn't that great for coupons, but this week was a mega-event. So if you buy 10 items off a certain list, you get $5 off.With that deal plus several coupons, I got all of this, a 51.08 value for 22.96. Thats a 51% savings, yee-haw!
 The drug stores are a little bit complicated, but totally worth it. They give back register rewards for buying certain things, and those register rewards can be spent on anything on the next visit. So it kind of snowballs. Here is what I got at Walgreens. 
Diapers (for Amory's shower, not me, just to be clear) 8.99-2.00 RR-2.50 coupon= 4.49
Crest: 2.49-1.50 RR-1.00 coupon=FREE
Proglide: 9.99-4.00 RR-2.00 coupon=3.99
 CVS: (similar to Walgreens, but they call them extracare bucks)
Irish spring (BOGO) 6.00-2.99 (bogo)-.50 coupon=2.49 for 6 bars
Dawn: .99-.25 coupon=.74
Candy corn: .99-.99 coupon=FREE!
Colgate: 2.99-2.99 EC-.75 coupon= .75 PROFIT!

I ended my trek with the coupon mecca, Publix!
The pumpkin, bananas, and cream of chicken weren't on sale, but everything else was BOGO. Then I had coupons for everything but the ranch. I got the hunt's tomatoes for about .40 each, and the popcorn and broth for about a dollar each! This is a 27.82 worth value and I spent 13.30 which is 52% off!

This is certainly time consuming, but I really enjoyed doing it!! It's all a game, and I love winning games : ). If anyone has any questions about any of this, let me know in the comments, and I will try to help you as much as I can!

1 comment:

  1. Diapers...for a shower AND at 4.49?!?!?! ALREADY! I love you...

    ReplyDelete