Thursday, August 26, 2010

SLR

A few months back, I did a post of some things I was dreaming of buying. Well, the next thing I really want is a nice SLR camera.

So, if you know me, you know I research ev-er-y-thing I buy before I buy it.
It drives my husband crazy, but that's okay. :)
I just hate feeling like I got ripped off, and I just can't commit to buying unless I know I'm getting the best for my money.

Of course the big debate is Nikon v. Cannon.
I don't know the specific differences between them or even the difference in the price.
But, I did find this post from the Pioneer Woman (love her) which is interesting, what do you think?

Then, once we settle on a brand, the next question is what model to get. I mean, let's be for real, that will probably be dictated by price. BUT, if the sky was the limit, I think I would go for what Kelle Hampton has over at Enjoying the Small Things. Oh man, I drooooooooooool over her photography. Check her out.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I've also found some extra equitment that I already really want. One thing, is a thing called a light scoop. Go over to Bring Up Madison to see what a HUGE difference they make!! She is also giving one away!

So, anyone out there have any advice for me? I'll take anything brand/model reccomendations, good deals, aweomse equitment, someone that wants to give me all this for free??



3 comments:

  1. I think in the Pioneer Womans pics the Nikon clearly took better pictures! I have a Nikon D40 and I love it! Hope that helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I read this blog and I kept thinking...O that Chelsea. So I decided to comment. Well I came to the comment page and there is an advertisement to the side over here---->
    Anywee the camera being advertised is a Nikon.. I think it's a sign.

    Ps I think this is a funny connecting. You my sister researches endlessly. I see it advertised and it is a sign. I would totally buy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm saving for the Nikon D3000 at the moment. I'm so excited. It's supposed to be their easiest to use DSLR yet and Iove what i'm reading about it. People I've talked to use Nikon cameras and then by less expensive non-nikon lenses.

    ReplyDelete