Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't let your Heart be Troubled




Heaven's choir just got a new front row praiser this morning; Jason's grandmother Nannie left her physical body today and is now present with the Lord.

I've never known anyone who talked about going to Heaven as much as Nannie did. Every time we would see her she would say something about how she may not be on earth much longer or how she couldn't wait to go home to heaven. Plus, no doubt about it, she was one of the best Jesus worshippers I have ever known. When she would visit our church, she would audibly call out "Thank you Jesus" with her hands raised. It didn't matter what part of the service it was in or the fact that she was the only one worshipping in this way. If you mentioned it to her she would say "I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to praise the Lord!" A few years ago while she was in the hospital, I asked her what her favorite verse was. Without a second of hesitation, she said "Don't let your heart be troubled. John 14:1" What a testimony she has left behind.

While driving home from church tonight, Jason looked over at me and said "I just realized I have no grandparents left." It broke my heart. Even though we have the hope of heaven and the comfort of the Spirit, it's so hard not to be sad  about not seeing someone again here and also jealous that they are in glory and we aren't. This, along with some other happenings of this week, have made me realize the painful fact that we are growing up and having to look the hard stuff of life right in the face. I'm sure the next few days will have some tough moments, but you can rest assured that no matter what may come, my heart won't be troubled; I'm resting in sweet trust of my Savior, just like Nannie said.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Nannie was an inspirational woman! I'm sorry about your loss but awesome to hear that she's with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete