Monday, May 17, 2010

You're gonna miss this...

    I've said this before, but I really want to use this blog as a keeper of my memories. When I don't have anything "profound" to say, I will usually pass on the blogging (ergo the week hiatuses), but I think what may be just as precious to be in the future will be recording what everyday looks like for me right now. Sometimes it feels like this no-kids-no-house time of my life isn't really worth recording or reporting, but I KNOW in just a few years I will be missing our small apartment and lazy weekends...

   Last Friday night, Jason and I went to Taco Mac for dinner. He wasn't feeling well, but we still had a nice time. There was a little boy at a table next to ours and Jason waved and talked to him. He ALWAYS does that and I wonder if the mothers think he is crazy, but I secretly love it. I can not wait to see him be a dad. After dinner, we went to Kohl's and I actually bought some clothes (this never happens). I am so so indecisive and I think about whatever I buy for a long time, but I was able to talk myself into some longer khaki shorts (mine from last summer don't fit :/ ), a black t-shirt (my other one has a hole in it), and my BEST purchase an adorable Candies jacket that came with a cute pink flower. I am liking buying jackets lately, What Not to Wear has convinced me of their prowess. It's a tan-ish color and it is short and has a cute tie for a belt. I wore the jacket yesterday and today! I also bought a frame for my mom to make her mother's day present. We stayed in Kohl's for 2 hours, and my sister even hooked me up with her discount. I must say that I have the most wonderful husband ever who held stuff, told me what looked good, and helped me make decisions for those two hours all while coughing up a lung. He really is the best.

I wrote this last week and never finished, doh! I'll just pick up with this weekend...

     Friday was hilariously perfect. Jason worked until about 6, and when he got home we were acting like total goof balls. I love this about us. We laid in the floor and played with Zero and just cracked up laughing at him! He is so funny with his toys. Before we knew it, it was 7:30 and we really didn't feel like going anywhere anyways. So I changed into basketball shorts and a t-shirt, threw my hair in a pony tail, and we loaded up with the pup and headed to Taco Bell drive in. Oh yes we did. And you know what? It was awesome!! It was that perfect windows-down-music-on-look-over-at-the-one-you-love-and-sigh moments. I would have rather been doing that than at Stony River in a designer dress. When you are with the one you truly love, anything is fun. When we got home we watched the movie Avatar, it's a good movie! And even better is listening to Jason comment on how CLEAR the picture is and how BEAUTIFUL the shot is. That boy sure does love his TV and blu-rays. While watching (I'm a multi-tasker) I found the first two chapters of the book Sheet Music online. I read the first chapter and it was so spot on, I told Jason I wanted to get it (after checking to see if I could get it at the library for free first of course). It is a GREAT book and I really recommend it!! You can look up the subject matter yourself. We will see if I get brave enough to blog on it...

  Saturday Jason woke up SUPER early and went in to work. He doesn't usually work on Saturdays, but our new budget plan has his overtime buying our short term wants (paintball gun, new computer, etc). So Jas has been volunteering to work extra. I love that he is such a hard worker. He called me at 9:30 to say he was coming home so I decided that maybe I should get out of bed, haha. When he got home, we did our Saturday morning cleaning routine. Afterwards I had a family house warming party to go to and Jason went to FYE to look at Blu-rays (he loves them I tell you). When we both got back home, we went to Olive Garden for dinner with my in-laws, then to Books-a-million, and Wal-mart for the week's groceries (we usually do this in the morning). I love that we grocery shop together. Can you tell that I think my husband is the man?

   Sunday, oh wonderful Sunday, is my favorite! Church was great as always. I totally feel like my battery gets recharged every time I go to church. We came home and ate Olive Garden left overs for lunch (Jas swears the fettuccine alfredo is actually better heated up than the first time you eat it). I read some more in my book (very inspiring), Jason napped, bliss bliss bliss. At 530 we headed to choir practice (well, Jas dropped me off). I LOVE choir practice, singing+praising Jesus, what could be better? We are working on this beautiful song called "New Jerusalem" and  I got a solo in a song called "Healer in the House", two great songs! Sunday night church was was just wonderful of course, the spirit is just so sweet there. Brad preached on having enough faith to have joy!

  I just love weekends and my church and my husband, I know I will look back on this time of my life with such fondness. Life is grand.

1 comment:

  1. I should have commented on this awhile back, but I love this post. Absolutely love it. Party because it reminds me of me and Caleb and mainly because I'm so thrilled to know that you're so happy :)
    P.S. I blog stalk you every day. Creepy? Maybe. Obsessed? Slightly.

    ReplyDelete