Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for

    So far we are just over 9 months into our marriage, and those have been just wonderful. Honestly, I don't know that they could have been better. Perhaps, we are still "honeymooning", and if that is so, then I hope we always are (although I am not naive and I know we will face different seasons). I just totally dig that man of mine. He is the most caring, cutest, most noble, funniest, most loving, wonderful man I have ever known. I am honored to be his wife.

   Amidst all this, I have been learning so much about love, mainly....
 Love is a choice.

    On June 20th, 2009. I promised forever to Jason. So, even in those moments that I've been tired or annoyed or hungry or stressed or what have you, I have had to choose love. So, in the moment when there is a sock graveyard by the bed or the HHR gets road rage (he promises its the car),  I've learned to choose love. Disclaimer, this isn't fun nor is it easy. And I have so much respect for those who have really had to choose love in crisis like cancer, infidelity, death, job loss, infertility, death, etc. Oh, and just for the record, I think Jason has had to choose love much more often than I have, and he does it so well. Seriously, my husband is a rock star.:)

 At the Sunday of our Revival services, I prayed and told the Lord that I would always fight for our marriage. There is  a wonderful song that talks about just that, and I just love the words. Press play and read along...


God is love.
It's worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment