Tuesday, March 2, 2010

For My Sista...

Edna: So, hopefully you won't mind if I put this on here for the world to see, it's written just for you...

   So, my sista got some not so hot news (this just in, she has a blog now!), I'll let her tell the details, but basically she just found out that the plan she had school/career-wise isn't working out like she had hoped at the moment. I think we've all been in those shoes, and it tottally stinks. Every. Time. I remember when I found out I didn't get into Winshape (a college scholarship program), I was crushed. I just knew that was how it was going to go down, and when it didn't, I was crushed. I remember sitting in my closet (of all places), just sobbing. Then, a familar song came on the radio, and God in His awesomeness spoke to me throgh a dumb county song... Remember this one?

I am, Rosemary's grand-daughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done my Mamas still my biggest fan
Sometimes, I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I got friends that love me
And they know just where I stand
They're all a part of me
And That's who I am

   Ha, of all songs, right? But, in that moment, I felt God lift up my head, and say "You are known, and you are loved." So many things are so uncertain in this world. Our plans, our jobs, our health, even the things in this song like friends and family are so uncertain. But I'm so thankful for a God who is certain, and who doesn't change. He had plans for us, and He orders our steps. I get such comfort in that. These verses come to mind....

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4: 6-7

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life....
But seek ye first his kindgdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6: 25,33-34

Exerts from Psalm 63:
My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him
for God is our refuge

One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard;
that you, O God, are stong;
and that you O Lord, are loving.

        So, my sista, I hope you get some comfort and encouragment out of these. I know for sure that God is going to do great things in and through you. This "door closing" means that there is one awesome Eden worthy window somewhere. God wouldn't have given you so many awesome talents, abilities, and personality to waste. I can't wait to see what He amzing things He does with you! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. So our talk helped SO much! You're the BEST!
    Thanks sister!

    ReplyDelete