Saturday, March 6, 2010

Because I want to remember this forever...

"Jim Elliot wrote, ' Wherever you are, be all there.' In our microwaveable, fast-paced society, most of us are distracted and preoccupied with a hundred different things at any given time. In order to savor the romance of life, we must learn how to live purposefully--to treat each conversation, experience, and activity as valuable and worthy of our time and focus. It means a shift from a haphazard, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants lifestyle to thoughtful, meaningful living. It means not carelessly spending our time on mindless, meaningless things, but treating each moment of the day as a valuable gift from God, not to be wasted on selfish whims."
-Leslie Ludy, in her book, The Lost Art of True Beauty

This is how I want to live.

Lord, Help me to live a life of intention. You say that we should redeem the time, for the days are evil. Don't let me miss a moment to life, to love, to make Your name known. I know that my time on earth is limited, a vapor, a flower quickly fading. Create divine appointments for me, and give me the wisdom not to miss them. Thank you for so many wonderful gifts on earth. Thank you that this life is just a short time before we enter eternity with You. Father, I can't do this on my own. Crucify me to the flesh, and let Your spirit reign supremely in my life. Thank you Abba, I love You.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful idea. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete