Thursday, January 21, 2010

I will be a fool for You.

This made me stand up and say amen today...

"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord."
~ Proverbs 22:30
"Do not decieve yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a "fool" so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written "He catches the wise in their craftiness" and again "the Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile". So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours!"
~1 Corinthians 3:18-21
Wisdom = the opposite of faith
Lord, make me a fool for you. Wreak my plans, my ambitions, my belief that I can do anything outside of you. The "wisdom of the world" has nothing to offer me. You are the way and the truth. I long to live a life that points and brings glory to You.

1 comment: