Monday, January 25, 2010

FIGHT!

Lately, I've been extremely aware of my human sinful nautre. It seems that whenever I set my mind to do something, I do exactly the opposite. I don't persue God as much as I would like. My self discipline seems to come and go with the seasons. God made me aware again this week that there is a BATTLE going on over my soul...
Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and stranger in the world, to abstain from sinful desires,
which war against your soul.
1 Peter 2:11
I can totally testify to this! So many times, that sin calls out to me or ATTACKS me. It feels like I can't resist. But then I discovered that I am to FIGHT! God has given armed us with his armor, and we are to use his WORD as a sword against the temptations of the devil.
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Resist him,
standing firm in the faith, becuase you know that your brothers throughout the world are undersoing the same kind of sufferings.
1 Peter 5: 8-9
I think that is what I was missing on earth. Every time I am tempted to sin, it is the devil, and each time that I give in. He won that battle. But the greatest news is that the devil won't win the war. We all have VICTORY in JESUS. He has redeemed us. He has called us by name. We are His!! Even still, I don't want to give the devil ANY victories at all. So, with the help of the Lord through the strength of His word in my hear, I will fight against the devil. I love what that first verse I posted says. We are strangers here. The earth is so broken. There is so much pain, suffering, and just yuck because of our sin. Here on earth, the devil can tempt us and even has control over some, but one day....
And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you to Himself and make you strong, fim and steadfast. To Him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 5: 10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment