Monday, November 30, 2009

Simply Blessed

As I look back over past posts, it seems that I tend to gravitate towards deepish thoughts and such, but I also want to capture my life right now as well. I have just embarked on many new journeys in my life. First, as of today I've been married 5 months and 12 days, and it is wonderful. People ask me all the time how married life is, and I don't know how to tell them how much I love it. I was made for it. I love that I get to spend so much time with my best friend, I love that there is no more making plans to see each other (we can just BE together at our place), I love not being in two different cars, it's so great! And my husband, he is just wonderful. He is such a servant and an encourager, I just love that.

I love that he loves to make dinner, and when he is in charge of the meal, insists that I go sit down in the living room.
I love that he tucks me in every night and kisses me goodbye every single morning.
I love walking into church, holding his hand. To this day, I still get butterflies when I look over and can say that such an amazing Godly man is mine.
I love that he flirts with me while I'm in the choir.
I love that he will go shopping with me (and not a sit on the bench or in the car white I shop, he helps me pick things out, and is great at it).
I love that on Saturdays he wakes up and immediately starts the cleaning routine.
I love that we act like totally idiots around each other (from weird voices to dancing to whatever... we are silly and I am totally myself when it is just us)
I love that he gets to church 2 hours early so I don't have to drive alone to choir practice.
I love that he folded three whole loads of laundry by himself on Monday.
I love that he does little things like plugging up my computer when I've fallen asleep on the couch.

I don't know if we are still in the honeymoon phase, but I am still just smitten. Sure, we've had our times of discussion over things we didn't agree on. And, I realize that love is choice and takes work, but right now it is easy to love him. Our life is so simple and sweet right now. I can't lie and say that I don't think about buying a house and having babies (ok...a lot), but I wouldn't trade this time with Jason for anything in the world. It is absolutely blissful. I don't know if I've ever been happier.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks for sharing. May the rest of your lives together be just as sweet and wonderful as the first five months and 12 days!

    ReplyDelete