Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Jesus will ALWAYS cast a vision into your life"

The above quote came from a Wed night Bible study my awesome hubby did last Wed (10.21.09) from Nehemiah. And, OH MAN, it hit me right between the eyes!! I don't know if others do this or not, but I am just constantly thinking about the "time line" of my life and what are the best decisions I can make especially when it comes to career, babies, money, house, etc. In my heart of hearts I TRUELY want to seek Jesus in ALL of these matters. But I have to be honest and say that often, other factors influence by thinking like pride and greed and other stuff the devil tries to throw at me.
But Wednesday, my Abba Father so lovingly reminded me that my whole life is in his loving hands and that he WILL lead and direct every single step. Thank you Lord!! What a comfort! What a relief! There is so much in this life that we can not control, but HE controls it all, every single breath.
One of the main thoughts I've been dealing with is over my career. I really really like teaching! There are SO many reasons that I really enjoy it. I love the creativity of it. I love interacting with students. I love that it has a deeper purpose (influencing kids). I love learning! I love that I laugh every day! I love the wonderful schedule (home early, breaks, summer)! I love that it is the perfect career for having kids! I love the low stress of it. And on and on it goes! But I still wonder about other career paths! It isn't that I don't like teachin, it's just I wanna do everythin! Even as a child I said when I grew up I wanted to a "veterinarian by day, and a nurse by night!" Ha! Even now I just think it would be a blast to be a lawyer, principal, stay at home mom, work at a place like Winshape Retreat (ministry based), accountant, speech pathologist, and teacher all at once! Can I do that, please? But the Creator has blessed me with this one beautiful life, and I know that I can seek His will and He will lead me down the path that brings Him the most glory! And that is what I desire-to follow HIM and to bring Him glory.
The passion verse comes to mind....
Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your Truth,
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts.
Isiah 26:8
Yes Lord, You are what I desire! What a joy that I can lean on YOU, the everlasting Father! Thank you for your still small voice. Thank you for your VISION. Bestow me with what I need to carry out YOUR will, not mine. My profession is not what is important, my life is about You and making You famous. I love you, Abba. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment