Sunday, May 10, 2009

Changes

Siiiiiiiigh.

I am currently sitting in the apartment that I will share with a husband in 41 days, and staring at unpacked boxes filled with four years of memories from my second home, Berry College.

I can't believe this.

I can't believe I will never return to Berry as a student.
I can't believe I will be a married woman in a little over a month.
I can't believe the whirlwind of change swirling around me.

As I left campus for the last time yesterday, I drove the whole campus and looked out upon all the places where I had created so many memories. The tears flowed from my eyes and I relived many of those memories for a moment; trips to dining hall, walks around campus, driving with music blaring, hours spent in classrooms, quiet times at the chapel, and so much more.

Then I drove home to see freshly painted walls by my wonderful fiance and a room full of gifts that will help make our home from incredible friends and family.

Things, they are a-changing.

I didn't think I would be this sad or emotional. It's not like I don't want to move on. I just feel like a huge and wonderful chapter of my life is over. Even though I know the next chapter is wonderful, it is painful to turn the page.


***********EDIT*************
Even with all this, how GREAT is it to serve a GOD that never changes?!

"I, the Lord, do not change."
Malachi 3:6

Even though things in life are constantly changing. God is CONSTANT and STEADFAST. Circumstances will alter, walls I build will crumble, people I love will die. But MY GOD will never change, and I will trust in Him, THE ROCK on which I build my life.
Thank you God that you never change. You don't mess up. You don't get confused. You don't get behind. You don't worry, panic, or fear. YOU are in control of my life because YOU know what you are doing and I don't.
And as if that wasn't enough, look what else Mr. Never-gonna-change sent my way....
If I say, "My foot is slipping," Your loyal love, O Lord, supports me. When worries threaten to overwhelm me, Your soothing touch makes me HAPPY."
Psalm 94:18-19
New English Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment