Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Random facts about me

1. To me, music trumps movies any day of the week. I especially love songs with meaningful lyrics. However, I like stupid music too. The current bane of Jason's existence is that I constantly sing "Hey bay-bay!"

2. I'm getting married in 134 days (ok, so maybe you already knew that). Sometimes I can't believe I'm getting married. But, I also can't believe I'm a senior in college, and some days I can't believe that I can drive. Maybe, I have a hard time accepting things.

3. Speaking of getting married, I am crazy about that Jason Leming boy. He is the most respectable, loving, strong, funny, intelligent, good lookin man I have ever known. I can't believe he wants to marry me. I mean, I can be pretty annoying sometimes people.

4. I just missed my mouth and spilled water all down my sweatshirt. So, fact number four is that I am smoooooth.

5. I have a strange obsession with time. I hate not knowing what time it is yet, I don't wear a watch. I am constantly calculating how long it takes me to do different things. Like, it takes an average of 22 minutes to drive from my house to Jason's house, and it takes me 8 minutes to blow dry my hair.

6. I love everything about summertime; the sounds, the smells, the feelings. When, I was about 10 I was riding down the road with my Mom on a perfect summer day, and I decided I wanted to bottle that moment up so I could always remember how sweet summertime felt. I still remember exactly where we were on the road. I also love the 4th of July because I feel like that is quintessential summer time.

7. I'm not a huge cry-er, and I don't love people seeing me cry. But there are a few things that do make me cry... truly sensing the holy spirit, hearing the song "Proud to be an American" with a backing of fireworks on the aforementioned holiday, and when I am extremely angry.

8. I am especially aware lately that life is very, very short. I try my best to live each day remembering that life is just a precursor to eternity, and that only what I do to further the kingdom will count in the end. I am also unusually aware of the fact that someone I love could die at any moment. I know that sounds morbid, but it helps me to do the whole dont-go-to-bed-angry thing. You never know when it will be the last time you see someone.

9. I am all about being intentional. I don't like doing anything mindlessly, which has led to the recent demise of my relationship with T.V. From the separation, I found tons more time to be intentional in doing things like reading the bible and being with friends.

10. I love reading blogs. Some of my favorites are...www.audreycaroline.blogspot.comwww.thebigmamablog.com

11. I find playing Pizza Palace on Webkinz to be extremely relaxing.

12. I am not a very good speller. Some words I always spell incorrectly are speacial, Febuary, and definately. I tell my students that I will purposefully misspell words on the board to see if they catch it.

13.I'm not sure that I will teach my whole life. I am certain that I was suppose to major in it and I will definitely do it for a few years, but there are several things that I don't like about it. But, is there anyone who loves everything about their job? Seriously, I'm asking.

14.I enjoy witty, sarcastic, and ironic humor.

15.I have a love/hate relationship with exercise.

16. I am spending way too much time writing this because I have about 3048927 things to do.

17. I'm anti- stress, and I rarely let things stress me out (but, let's be honest, sometimes stress wins). But, overall, I'm a "don't worry about it" kinda girl.

18. I frequently exaggerate.

19. I love school/office supplies. They make me kinda giddy.

20. I hate the interview question: name three adjectives that describe you. Doesn't everyone say the same thing?

21. My sister is awesome and probably the coolest person I know.I really regret that I didn't figure that out earlier in life, and spent most of my teenage years being unreasonably mean to her.

22. I am not a big fan of driving. I'm not that great at it, and I get lost constantly even going to places I've been 100s of times.

23. I love deep,meaningful conversations especially about theology. Two of my favorite deep convo partners are my dad and my brother.

24. I am a home body. I am so content staying at home all day. I get this from my mom. We like to say we had a didn't-travel-further-than-the-mailbox kinda day. I am a lot like my Mom and also inherited her thriftiness and her nose. I hope one day I can be as loving and selfless as she is.

25. I have awesome friends who are all way cooler than I am. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment