Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time in a Bottle

Hello There! I'm new here. And I just wanna go ahead and start out with a confession...

I spend way too much time on the internet.

It's a love hate relationship between us, really. There are so many wonderful things that I gather from reading blogs (case in point the list to the right, truly life changing and awe-inspiring must reads). But, other time that I spend on the internet is doing less worth-while things like playing pizza palace on webkinz for 2.5 hours (seriously that game is addicting).

I'm getting married in June (don't worry you'll hear plenty about this), and my Dad and I are going to dance to Jim Croce's Time in a Bottle (his choice, but it has definitely grown on me).
I've been on this kick lately of obsessing with intention and simplicity (in fact it's even making an appearance in my about me). And I think this song prods me along to that same goal. Spending my time intentionally is the only way to spend it. After all, who knows how much time we have on earth until we are called to our home in heaven. I long for that day, but I want to spend time God has given me well. My mind immediately goes to Ephesians 5: 15-17:

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

This is my desire. To make the most of my time, and I hope to do that with this blog. I truly believe that journaling is worthwhile, and if I could touch others as i have been touched by the blogs I've read over these past months, then it is worth every second.


If I could have time in a bottle...







No comments:

Post a Comment